Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Please can someone help me, I have recentley bought a Laguna 2 2002 1.9dci, can someone tell me if there is a manual way of opening the fuel filler as for some reason when I use the key card the flap still won't open also is there a reason for this to happen. To be honest I have forced it at the moment as I was desperate for fuel but obviously the cover will now not close properly.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
You need to remove the trim from inside the boot to access the release pull, probably the solenoid has stopped working.

If all your doors are not unlocked the filler flap will still be locked.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
You do know you have to press the open button on the key card twice rapidly to open it. I didn't the first time I filled it!

Len

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
The filler flap is plastic, as is the pin on the locking solenoid. If the thing has genuinely jammed, then it's not too tricky to get something behind the flap and just pry it open without damaging the paint.

I had to do this at a petrol station once when I was hundreds of miles from home and with a deadline to meet - the car was onto reserve, and the petrol flap lock decided to stick. At that point, I just needed to get moving again, so I decided to resort to brute force and get a replacement flap if I damaged it. I was surprised how easy it was to get the thing open without causing any damage.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for your help, I have used the keycard but I have only done it by holding the button down not pressing it twice, this opens all of the doors & the boot but not the filler cap so I will try that. I'm having trouble with the card at the moment though as I have to "bend" not the right word really the corner of the card to get anything to unlock & have to press both sides of the card to get the car to lock, it seams as I might have bought a bit of a lemon as the drivers window wo't drop either but I know this is the regulator & its going to cost me £70 plus fitting to fix it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the link, and yes I only have 1 Keycard but as he says they are £180 & I can't afford that just yet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts