Sure its NOT a fuse gone,

have you checked
Check if ciggy lighter is working,
Interior lights working?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about the cigar lighter, but the only thing not working is the warning buzzer. I doubt if it has separate fuse, more likely to be taken off of relay controlling headlights, wherever that is. But thanks for the help.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
40,571 Posts
Deffo fused,,

Check if ciggy lighter is working ...

·
40,571 Posts
Radio holding memory, near side side light working Rear number plate lights working..
Check all lights, check that when you remove the key card the foot well lights come on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should add that this headlight warning alarm has never worked since I bought the car a couple of months ago.

Checked everything as above, no difference. Went for a drive and it worked, tried it half a dozen times, lights ON, ignition OFF, open drivers door and two tone alarm sounded. NB different sound to the two tone alarm from the cd player.

Got home and now it doesn't work again. The only physical thing I did was to open fuse box one access hatch, open and close all doors one by one and switch headlights from auto ON to OFF a few times. Repeated my fiddling around but it made no difference.

So at least I know the buzzer is OK.

Other info I have points to a relay in/on a fuse box, apparently there are 3 fuse boxes (haynes), No 1 is in the drivers door jamb, any ideas where the other two are?

Very odd

·
40,571 Posts
The other two fuse boxes do not control any of the lights on your car.
Your buzzer works off the principle. key card out. lights still on, door open , .
You now know its not a fuse, or a buzzer issue,
So its from the stalk ( to turn lights on ) Down to the UCH ( to sense lights are still on ), Key card being out, and interior light coming on when door is open..

Where you look next, your guess is as good as mine..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just been out to have another fiddle with it and its working. And I've haven't touched the car since yesterdays failure.

Anyway, I'll be a happy man if that's the worst fault I'm going to get.

Thanks ours2012 for all your help.

·
Premium Member
51 plate Laguna 2 1.6
2,018 Posts
Sometimes these things just fix themselves- we occasionally have a non-extinguishing courtesy light. None of the usual tricks works. But it will just start working again one day.

·
40,571 Posts
Can I just ask, was this also on Auto headlights the buzzer worked.
As these should automatically switch off once you stop the car,.
Never known a car with Auto headlights have the buzzer as part of the system
Only on manual part of the headlights

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Today the warning worked, then it didn't and now it does. I'm thinking the buzzer unit is loose and needs to be pushed right in, any ideas as to location and how to access.

Today a new problem, been driving (with seat belt on) for about 5 mins, when a beep started to sound about every 2 secs. Stopped car switched OFF and removed card, turned OFF radio and heating, no visual indications anywhere, only stopped when I got out of car, got back in everything normal and drove off.

Later checked all dashboard lights are ok, any ideas, personally I'm considering an exorcist.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I've fixed the headlight ON warning buzzer. Disconnected battery for a few minutes and as of now the warning has worked a dozen times without fail.

Still don't know where the buzzer is located, anyone any ideas?

·
40,571 Posts
mine is drivers side panel where your accelerator knee/leg can touch .
If you lift it up, that area.. or the noise is..

not had it apart to check

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bringing this back to life because it's still not working, and I recently flattened the battery by leaving the headlights on.I wonder if anyone can advise position of buzzer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts