Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, on to one of my next problems with my 2002 Lag 2 Estate with carminat gps and Cabasse tronic radio. The tissue of the headliner has dropped down onto the heads of the passengers. I have removed the entire coque of the headliner and reglued the tissue on some cars but I noticed that on mine the foam that the tissue is glued to is disintegrating so there is no point on reglueing it. I have found a nice one on a newer model (not sure if it is a serries 2 or not) that I have removed. Of coarse there is a difference. On the olde one there is what appears to be an antenna cable that goes to a rectangular board(it looks like it is probably a circuit board) that is 9 1/2 inches by 4 inches glued to the cardboard towards the back. On the newer headliner there is an electrical connection that goes to a grey plastic loom that goes around the perimeter of the headliner. I assume it is the radio antenna but before I go through the work of swapping it over I would like to know what it is. If it is for the gps I don't use it anyway so I can avoid the work but I think the other black thing on the roof is for the gps but maybe I am backwards. Thanks for any light that anyone can shine on this.
Papy

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,254 Posts
need pictures pappy ..
not ever got that far on mine have had the front part down to clear drains from sunroof, but thats about it

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply OURS. I can always count on you to give it a try. Unfortunately I cannot provide photos because I am in transition from living in southwest france to living very near roscoff in the northwest of France. Waiting for the signature date on the house and most of my stuff is in bags including the cable to connect my camera to the computer. Don't have a smartphone (they don't call me papy for nothing). Anyway - I started tracking down part numbers I located on the parts and it seems it is the antenna for the key card. Nothing is clear because for the old part it is called a radio amplifier but it is made by valeo nevers and they make looms for car security systems. The newer part is made by valeo lacanhe and they make looms for car security systems. It looks like I will have to swap the old part to the new headliner if I want the locking system to work the way it is supposed to. Sorry to take your time and thanks again for your interest.
Papy

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,254 Posts
Can you PM me in the Morning papy
This way I wont forget to look
Not on that lappy, as playing with a new interface ,, and dont want to stop software installing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts