Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any body help with this one I have noticed that my heater is only blowing through the forward dash vents not the windscreen or feet regardless of what I press on the electronic controls.
it is the flaps that open and close inside the air tunnels that seem to be stuck in one position I think
Are the flaps controlled by a little motor and cable and what could be the cause
also I had a windscreen replaced about 2 months ago
this may be part of the problem may have damaged somthing in the process or could be irelavent.
:crazy:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Steamed Up

Hi I have a Laguna Sports Tourer and the windscreen will mist up suddenly after driving the car for 20 mins. Little or no air will come out of the windscreen vents and no amount of fiddling with the controls will change this. I've checked the Pollen Filter and so did the Renault Garage (£25).

They suggested it might be the Air Circulation Circuit, possibly! And if I would leave the car and £800 they would pull off the Dash and see if they guessed right.

Has anybody had a similar experience or any ideas on what the real problem might be?

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Steamed Up

I've recently had a heater repair at the Ren dealer (warranty).My passenger side was blowing cold air only (climate) and the passenger side of windscreen would mist up. Their computer told them it was a little motor that works the passenger flap inside the heater (dash out type job) Although the fix wasn't that it was the climate control unit all along.Pretty expensive item I believe!..Dave

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
happy bunny

ok thank you very much for your replys
after looking at the fuse box and finding nothing I thought I would use your replys
you hit the nail on the head (the main control unit was at fault) hear is why
no tools required remove the ashtry and then the keycard unit by just pulling .
then pull on the little white tabs to remove heater unit
now there is 3 looms one is for the left side and one for the right the third is connected to nothing remove all 3 looms to get access behind the unit.
ok now the back panel comes off very easy just four clips.
if you look inside you will see 2 boards the first seems to be just for the buttons and display with wires linking to the other board this is it.
the little blue wires are connected to both boards with plugs (this is the fault)the plugs are not very good at holding in place.
just give them a little nudge.
connect backup the heater unit.
start car.
try your heater(15 min fix in total).
this may fix a lot of heater problems like no heat or one side not reponding to change.
please try before you right off your expensive heater unit
no tech skill needed for job.
all it boils down to is one board not able to talk to the second board (rubbish plug fittings)
I live in ireland with lots of pothole this must be moving the plug out alittle (renault must now of this)
in england you have speed ramps same affect.
thankyou again for your replys

·
Registered
1 Posts
This has just fixed my problem, thanks. i hate to think how much Renault would have charged me, i was getting desperate as its impossible to drive on these cold mornings, i nearly resorted to taking the dash out thinking the ducts were blocked!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took my car to my local garage and told them how to fix heater blowing cold air on one side as I was not confident of doing it myself. It worked a treat charge was £40 well worth it. Thanks very much chriscreed450. from vicrol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: happy bunny

after looking at the fuse box and finding nothing I thought I would use your replys
now there is 3 looms one is for the left side and one for the right the third is connected to nothing remove all 3 looms to get access behind the unit.
if you look inside you will see 2 boards the first seems to be just for the buttons and display with wires linking to the other board this is it.
the little blue wires are connected to both boards with plugs (this is the fault)the plugs are not very good at holding in place.
start car.
this may fix a lot of heater problems like no heat or one side not reponding to change.
all it boils down to is one board not able to talk to the second board (rubbish plug fittings)
I live in ireland with lots of pothole this must be moving the plug out alittle (renault must now of this)
Thanks for the very useful information. I managed to cure my a/c, blowing constant cold air to passenger side, using your instructions. Slight variation on the later phase II models but the info was still 100%. My auto electrician couldn't believe how easy it was to fix, he reckons he has fitted at least two control units that were probably not required. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts

start car.
Superb post! Does anyone know if this fixes any other heater probs? Like mine is always hot or cold both sides, apparently no temp control in between...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, both my driver and passenger side climate control wasnt working. no heat blowing through jusy cold and no air con. no changing direction of air blowing when changing from footwell to windscreen. Followed these instructions. Took less than 5 minutes and all is well. thank you for the advice! I'm one happy chap now. ***128516;***128515;

·
Registered
6 Posts

start car.
ChrisCreed you are a Champion. Have been suffering with passenger side cold air for a while but put up with it as too frightened to take it somewhere to get looked at. Fix is exactly as you describe above although I would also remove radio above climate unit as aids in getting exterior surround bracket out. Be careful pulling out climate unit and even keycard unit as clips break easy but paradoxically reasonable force is required getting bracket and climate unit out.
Looking at wiring plugs in climate unit everything appeared snug but gave a wiggle and it worked so plug mating pins must corrode. Many thanks and kudos to you Sir.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts