Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there perhaps someone can give me some advice?
My laguna heater plug light comes on on the dash and then the car has no power when you put accelerator down.i have to physically stop the car, take keycard out, push key straight back in and start car again and the light has then gone out and i'm back to normal again.....until i need to overtake again and then theres nothing there when you drop your right foot again!!!

Is this as simple as replacing the heater plugs?has anyone else had this problem?

All advice greatfuly accepted before i make the trip to buy new heater plugs!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Heater plugs are not your problem, im guessing you have a problem with either the Map sensor or boost control system assuming your turbo is mechanically ok and your not burning oil, leaving smoke behind you

Things to check , the air hoses from the air filter housing to the turbo, from the turbo to intercooler, from the intercooler to manifold are all connected. On the intercooler note check it hasn't burst- do a search it's well documented.

Next check the plugs are connected on the Map sensor - it's facing you in the plastic pipe going to the inlet manifold - and the plug on the boost solonoid - mounted next to the drivers side top engine mount dogbone, the wires to both these plugs can break.

Check the aforsaid boost solonoid hoses are attached. The top one goes to the actuator on the turbo- check it's attached at that end- and the bottom one goes to the vac. reservoir.

Failing all that get the fault codes read. It could be a fuel pressure fault

Hope it helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there thanks for your reply. Will check all of the above, BUT I am leaving plumes of black smoke behind me when i put my foot down. I know its not the turbo as this failed a year ago and was replaced, oil change done and the air filter cleaned.

Any further thoughts at this point welcomed, and thank so much for your reply

DG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts