Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not into sporty modified cars, bit old now lol. i have purchased a 52 plate laguna 1.6. it has done 60,000 miles and was a dealer px i paid £500 for it. It is amazing to drive, drives like a new car bit underpowered but i suprisingly really like it.

as i never had one of these b4 just wondered is their anything i need to watch/check, any common faults? its seems a great car so far.

O

·
0 Posts
Bargain. :d
Just trawl through the threads on here regarding Lagunas, but if it's OK, just enjoy that.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Just enjoy it, the 1.6 is very underpowered for a Lag but very reliable. Has yours had the timing belt done? (Its way overdue time wise and about right mileage wise)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cambelt was changed 5/10/09 at 47,000. should that last a while?

it only had 2 months mot on it, took it yesterday and it failed on 2 front ball joints and rear trailing arm bushes, the mechanic did say it looked a good clean car.

O

·
0 Posts
Cambelt is usually 5 years or 72k whatever is first, so yous isn't due for a while yet.

Reading the forum, Laguna rear axle bushes seem to go quite often. There is a quick way to fit them or the hard way. If a garage is doing it, make sure you get charged right for labour. No need to remove the axle, if he says there is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ball joints are £30 a pair, bushes are £50 a pair.
all together i was quoted £280 inc vat to supply and fit it all.
he said my ball joints are rivited on as they are original so a pain to swap, and he has a tool to change the rear bushes?

O

·
0 Posts
ball joints are £30 a pair, bushes are £50 a pair.
all together i was quoted £280 inc vat to supply and fit it all.
he said my ball joints are rivited on as they are original so a pain to swap, and he has a tool to change the rear bushes?
£200 labour :eek:

That's about 4 hrs. Seems a long time just to that, but what do I know. :d

1 - 8 of 8 Posts