Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 plate Laguna 2 1.6
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's just happened again, this time got out of the garage then stalled on the drive, started after about 10 goes. Blipped the throttle as suggested when it caught, ran rough, then fine.
Worth having a look at the throttle body yet? Fuel being delivered, so what is telling it not to fire? Only been stood for a few days this time.
Here's the older thread

·
Premium Member
51 plate Laguna 2 1.6
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still doing it. Starts first time from cold, (only moved 10 yards) then won't restart. Smell of fuel.
Any thoughts?

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,086 Posts
Yep throttle body seems favourite

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
25,474 Posts
Personally I dont like to use anything that's not for a specific job so throttle body cleaner for me and nothing else..For the throttle body I wouldn’t recommend Brake cleaner. throttle body cleaner has oils in it to “lubricate” whatever it’s sprayed onto. This is good for the moving parts on the throttle body and to my mind brake cleaner is not..everyone to their own I suppose.. :)

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
25,474 Posts
Not that expensive buddy and worth using..if you lived nearer you could have a squirt of mine..lol..you have to be careful with motorised bodies so dont force open the ICV ..think there are some vids on you tube iirc on the correct way to open the ICV for cleaning..

·
Premium Member
51 plate Laguna 2 1.6
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thankyou, Phil.
I'll go as far as that without trying to remove it and report back.
Might be a few days as I'm painting windows atm.

·
41,086 Posts
is that your one SC,
you will see if its clogged once the air tube is off it..

·
Premium Member
51 plate Laguna 2 1.6
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just off to get carb cleaner, but meanwhile, I've just run DDT200 and got a stored fault on the water temperature sensor. Anything to think about?
Also, on live data the butterfly and pedal positions are reading fine.

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
25,474 Posts
Certainly it wont help if its a duff one..and cold starts can be problematic..good news on ICV and pedal positions..is the temp
sensor easy to get to and replace..

·
41,086 Posts
Personally I dont like to use anything that's not for a specific job so throttle body cleaner for me and nothing else..For the throttle body I wouldn’t recommend Brake cleaner. throttle body cleaner has oils in it to “lubricate” whatever it’s sprayed onto. This is good for the moving parts on the throttle body and to my mind brake cleaner is not..everyone to their own I suppose.. :)
You have too much money
Never used carb cleaner since Carbs were binned, always got brake cleaner, quick few sprays with engine running
Clears loads out, and also breaks down any thats at the bottom of the inlet manifold

But Its never my car I do it on LOL

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
25,474 Posts
You have too much money
Never used carb cleaner since Carbs were binned, always got brake cleaner, quick few sprays with engine running
Clears loads out, and also breaks down any thats at the bottom of the inlet manifold

Its not that expensive if it were I wouldn't use it..I got a large one.. 😳

THROTTLE BODY SPRAY..lol

·
Premium Member
51 plate Laguna 2 1.6
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You have too much money

Actually it's OK, carb cleaner was actually cheaper than brake at Euro Car Parts. Only problem with them is they're still under wartime conditions, although you queue anyway I suppose.
Just that in Ilford no-one can count, measure 2m, or read the words "please use the hand sanitiser provided". An I was behind a spitter. o_O Sheesh.

·
Premium Member
51 plate Laguna 2 1.6
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:D
Not yet cleaned, resonator off and I have to say it looks pretty clean in there. But it'lll still get done of course.
I thought the coolant sensor caused hot start problems, not cold.

·
41,086 Posts
Nope coolant sensor, does both
You could find your coolant sensor is rusty, so its not reading correct temp of the water..

take it out

DONT release expansion cap, this will stop you losing much fluid.

give it a clean, until its shiny
( Stainless steel wire that you use for the saucepans is great for this job

)
put it back in and see,

1 - 20 of 34 Posts