Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trusty Laguna has several issues that have surfaced over this weekend.

1. 'Oil' is leaking from the bottom of the gearbox bellhousing - it is very thin, and does not appear to be lubricant - more like brake fluid. I have a tray under the car tonight to catch anything that may drop

2. Brake warning appeared the other day whilst braking very hard - new pads in January and everythin ok

Does the car have a hydraulic clutch, running from the same reservoir as the brakes?
M9R engine

Is the oil in the P4k box thin?

3. Both front tyre pressure sensors failed on saturday, replaced temporarily with standard ones. cheapest deal to get the tpm sensors replaced is £140 from four ashes renault including programming

I have already fixed the window regulator last year. I love the car, but im used to reliable Renaults, not like this one

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Gearbox oil has a very distinctive odour whereas brake fluid tends to be bland.

It looks like the clutch slave cylinder inside the gearbox bell housing is leaking and replacement is the only option which involves removing the gearbox and replacing the complete clutch as it is most likely to have been contaminated. Just hope the dual mass flywheel is in good nick - it can be expensive.
But before embarking on this work have the hydraulic pipes and connections checked out in case it is an external leak.

Yes the hydraulic clutch shares the same reservoir as the brakes hence you have a brake warning light.:)

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
I read this earlier and thought, "Oh dear the Phase II Lag II's are giving problems now (we all now how much grief the Phase 1 Lag II can give), and just when I was starting to think a nice Lag II Phase II 2.0dci might be a nice car to get".

But then clutch problems can happen to any make of car, so my fears are allayed.

I see the window regulators and the TPMS sensors dont get any better on the newer Lag II's though :rolleyes:

:think:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
car is great, only things to improve it would be firmer suspension as squats under accelaration

Also, would be good if renault did RWD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts