Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Laguna 1.9cdi 2004 expression - Child Lock

Hi - wondering if someone could please help.
Just got the above car and having problem getting the child locks working. The garage have come to the conclusion that the rear child locks dont work because there is a fault on the key card. They are apparently going to sort me a new one and get it recoded which they think will reset it.
Does this seem the right answer to anybody ?
The button near the four window buttons do seem to lock the rear windows but not the child locks.
Also is there any way to temporarily lock the back doors from the inside for the kids ?? The screw thing you turn on the side of the door appears to only lock from teh exterior.
Could this problem also be linked to my interior lights not working ?
Can somebody give me quick fix on the child locks especially ??

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
On my 2002 Laguna the child locks are purely mechanical with the screw lock you mentioned, nothing to do with the key card.

Did you take it to a Renault garage?

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Davess -if you have rear electric windows , then the child locks are also activated when the rear windows are locked, using the same button. As well as the manual mechanism within the doors. That is certainly the case in our 2004 Laguna.

It may not be the keycard that is faulty, rather than the smal microswitch in the kecard holder that is broken. If this is broken owners get problems with interior lights not going off etc. There is quite a straighforward fix for this,somewhere on this forum are instructions how to do it. it basically involves supergluing the plastic strip back in place!

Also have you checked the "lock" switch on the back of the centre console,where the rear ashtray is?
There is something in the user manual about this as well. If you have a problem this switch doesn't light up? Not 100% sure as manual is in the Lag that is at home 20 miles away!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts