Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there!

Just purchased a Laguna 2 extreme 1.9dci 2003 53 plate with 62,000 miles. Full dealer history etc. The clutch pedal squeaks every time. The clutch seems fine - no juddering, smooth pulling off and accelerates nicely in 5th gear at 25mph without any slipping. Any ideas?

Thanks - great web site!

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Hi mine does the same apparently it is the return spring attached to he pedal, it needs to be lubricated with something.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I had this after a master cylinder replacement, and and the springs were very well lubed with grease. In the end I sprayed WD40 on it and it's fine, I think it was metal to metal causing it rather than a spring - so annoying though particularly when there's no other rattles, buzzing, creaking or squeaks - it drove me absolutley mad because it was intermittent as well, and Renault were useless, they wanted me to book it back in for them to sort it out!!! :crazy: Never again will I have any recall work done if I'm not experiencing the problem myself, it was fine before they 'fixed' it, lol.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
We had the same after our "recall" for the clutch as well.
Just put a bit of grease around the spring, cured it for a few weeks, squeak came back, so I put a bit more grease on it and squeak has completley gone!

·
Registered
35 Posts
this happened to my clio when it had been raining or the air was damp.
Just put some grease on the clutch pedal return spring and what looks like a plastic bearing the pedal pivot bolt goes through. I have this sneaky suspition that it was the plastic bearing, as I have never (touch wood ) had this problem since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts