Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Please can you help.
I was messing under the hood today and pulled off the Sensor on top of the throttle body. A bit of the plastic fell in as it snapped off the sensor.

I have had the car running since and after a few times running lumpy, its running ok again.

Would this small bit of plastic cause any major harm?

I wanted to change my air filter on my lunch break but saw that it is a massive mission to get out so will do it at home.

I think the car is down on power for a 1.8, thats why i am changing the air filter and why i was messing with the thottle sensor. Im assuming its the throttle sensor anyway, its the cable that plugs in the top of the body.

any help is much appreciated.

Regards
Dean

D

·
0 Posts
It's pretty straightforward to remove the inlet manifold and shake it out, but being plastic it has probably been sucked through and melted already!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you say easy? is it just a case of un screwing and taking off?

i have Carb cleaner and things at home so will give it a good clean also.

If it has been sucked though and burt up, that would be ok right?

also, the sensor only has 2 parts of the plastic on it now, but it still sits in the hole snug. is it under pressure? will it shoot out the hole?

reason i am panicing is i need to drive from Leicester to Bournemouth in the morning :(

D

·
0 Posts
I'm purely guessing it's the K4M engine you have, so there is 6 or so E12 bolts to undo from the plastic cover, a couple of E8 on the air box, and a couple of 10mm's holding the throttle body on (from memory).
The plastic manifold won't come off until the throttle body is removed.

I doubt it will cause too much grief. A few hundred degrees celcius of flame against a bit of plastic!

As for the sensor, maybe some gaffer tape or cable ties to be sure.

I do have a spare throttle body with sensor here if you get stuck in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts