Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had this problem with the suspension when you go over a pot hole it sounds as if the back of the car is about to fall off and if so is it expensive to put right
Cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
don't know how expensive........but we bought the car last weekend with rattle in rear suspension.......and according to renault dealer ....nothing to worry for a while.....he says it will sound a lot worse when ball joints are really worn down

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pip

We Had A Problem With Rear Suspension On Our Laguna, Squeeking And Eventually Knocking Over Speed Bumps And Pot Holes.
It Turned Out To Be The Rear Bushes, I Think It Cost About About £180 In Total, I've Lost Track With All The Other Repair Bills We've Had!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rear Suspension

Yep its the rear suspension bushes - sound real horrible when there on the way out don't they? but fix is easy and not expensive. Parts from GSF at around £30 squid a side and a couple of hours job - use an independent garage or do it yourself. Search this forum - it's well documented:d

Regards

Mark

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
There's no ball joints in my rear suspension so mine won't get worse but the rear rubber bushes will wear out.

If it's the same dealer you bought the car from he's pulling your leg.

don't know how expensive........but we bought the car last weekend with rattle in rear suspension.......and according to renault dealer ....nothing to worry for a while.....he says it will sound a lot worse when ball joints are really worn down

1 - 7 of 7 Posts