Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2884

Hi all. I have ploughed through the 100+ pages on here without much luck, it answers nearly all questions except this one, sorry!

My Problem= same old "sensor fault" message.

The system comes in 3 parts doesnt it?

4 tyre senders? All working correctly
1 pressure reader/booster? Under car passenger seat? clean as a whistle

But now my problem,

my diagnostic man. says all 4 trye pressure senders are working and being sent, he shown me the tyre pressure on his machine.

but the actual tyre pressure monitoring computer (reciever/sender) to the dash has failed. ie the inputs are going to where they should, but the car can not compute them.

Renault say they can supply for £110 for a tyre pressure monitor unit but I dont know where it is to check its definately that part. Any clues? I have seen a wiring diagram of a 1.8 that it could be behind the fuse box?

By the way its a 03 initialle laguna

Thanks all, hope someone can point me in the right direction?
Or even a part number?

Fingers crossed and thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
i've got a "text2 file on the
TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM
GENERAL INFORMATION AND COMMON PROBLEMS
INTRODUCTION

you can email me and i'll reply back with it - not sure if it's going to help but it does have fault codes listed too

maybe the last person who owned the car had the system disabled by a renault garage - just a thought and that makes the display not read at all?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've got a "text2 file on the
TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM
GENERAL INFORMATION AND COMMON PROBLEMS
INTRODUCTION

you can email me and i'll reply back with it - not sure if it's going to help but it does have fault codes listed too

maybe the last person who owned the car had the system disabled by a renault garage - just a thought and that makes the display not read at all?
Cheers for that mate. System not disabled worked fine for 2 years. Anyway I'll email you now. Cheers. Any other ideas anybody?

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
5,254 Posts
its sensors in wheels, reciever under the flootpan and the to the UCH (black box plugged into the back of the dash fusebox)
some 3rd party diags units cannot reprogram the uch correctly
worst case is take the tyres off and get numbers off lables, then try to clear the codes on uch and reenter them.
if the guy doing the reprogramming isnt really experienced on the diags unit, he could make mistake when seting them up

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
some 3rd party diags units cannot reprogram the uch correctly
worst case is take the tyres off and get numbers off lables
Some places have a scanner that can read the frequencies through the tyre wall. I had mine sorted at R Sport in Wimbledon and this how they did mine cos my alloys came from 2 different Lag II's.

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
when renault turn the system off - does that just "disable" the dashboard?
i can see that the pressures / computer input will be sent and received but then not sent to the dash? or am i completely getting confused:crazy:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right. I have lived with his problem for 2 years now. Problem is I have just read that the tyre pressure system has to be working for the MOT now!

Gutted, I have no idea how to resolve this? The tyre sensors work, as does the signal booster thing under the cars floor plan. But the computer can't read them

What exactly is the name of the part that actually reads the readings and sends them to the screen showing the psi's?

Nobody seems to know when I ring anybody for advice at Renault.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
The tyre pressure monitoring system MOT check only applies to cars registered after January 2012.

Only by using a compatible code reader or tyre pressure monitoring equipment can the system either be turned off or diagnosed. Some tyre dealers now have compatible kit for the job. My local Renault dealer chrges 30 minutes labour time for disabling the system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The tyre pressure monitoring system MOT check only applies to cars registered after January 2012.

Only by using a compatible code reader or tyre pressure monitoring equipment can the system either be turned off or diagnosed. Some tyre dealers now have compatible kit for the job. My local Renault dealer chrges 30 minutes labour time for disabling the system.

Great news. Cheers for that. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts