Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi.

I am new to this forum so I hope you can help me.

I have a 03 Laguna 2 1.9dci Sports tourer.

I have 2 keycards, one works fine and other used to work ( it was my main key) Now it will unlock & lock the car but when I insert the card into the slot the igition will not come on the steering wheel will not unlock , I only get a red flashing light.

When this first started to happen it worked some times and then not.

Now it wont work at all.

Any ideas.

M

·
0 Posts
Usually one of the microswitches becomes detached from the circuit board (there's a lot of info on a fix for this in the forum) but you seem to have a different problem if it does not start the car. Only real fix is a new card, don't buy a second hand used card (see also the info on why, again in the forum) you may be lucky to see a brand new card for sale on eBay, my new card cost £106 which included programming, labour and VAT.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
probably a silly question,but your not leaving the car in gear are you.i got caught out by this when i first got my lag and before i read the manual.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi,

Some advice on Keycards from our very own Webcode

As of 4 June 2006 You will NOT be able to buy a new keycard from Renault without supplying the VIN number and proof of ownership of the vehicle..
The following vehicles are involved:
Megane II, Scenic II, Laguna II, Vel Satis, Espace IV, Clio III

The reason behind this is due to a major security issue that has been discovered outside the UK.

This is the theft of customers vehicles.. The senario is this. You take your vehicle for some work to be carried out. The Dodgy technician has a blank keycard. He programs that keycard to your vehicle. Then the either comes to your home address and steals the vehicle or sells the key and the address to a friend who then steals it..

So the procedure is that you or us a dealer has to provide customer specific details to Renault France who will authorise the card to be ordered.
The card then arrives at the dealership with your VIN number already coded to it. We then apply to Renault for the programming code and have 1 hour to program the key before the code expires.

So if anyone is considering buying a New key from Ebay for example. You will NOT be able to get it programmed fullstop as the Clip will not allow a non Vin encoded key to be programmed as explained above..

Note also that a new Vin encoded key Cannot be programmed to any other vehicle even it is has not been prgrammed to the origional one.

Regards

Ottoman
:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts