Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
drivers door window only going up half way then going back down on its own but if i keep hold and help it up its ok BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE A GRITTY NOISE can anyone help
thanks wayne

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi sounds like something is out of place like a runner or something you will have to take the door panel of to gain accress to see what is wrong i hope this helps Donald.

·
Registered
32 Posts
drivers door window only going up half way then going back down on its own but if i keep hold and help it up its ok BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE A GRITTY NOISE can anyone help
thanks wayne
Don't know about the wobbly bit, but my driver side window sometimes wouldn't open, then wouldn't shut then done what it wanted. Also accompanied by a gritty grating noise. It was the electric window motor that needed replacing. Even at an independent garage, not a Renault dealer it cost £270 incl labour. Now my passenger side front has started doing the same.

Apparently the motor is joined to what holds the window in, so you can't buy the motor alone...

M

·
0 Posts
You will find loads of info on how to take door card off and repair/replace a window mech in the forum just do a search, also there are plenty of reasonably priced replacements on Ebay its an easy job to replace a mech took me 1/2 hour and cost £60.

·
Registered
3 Posts
you can get a window mech from autocontinental in stoke 01782 207555 £49 plus vat with next day delivery. this is a very common fault with lagunas i have repalced both of mine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts