Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all.
I have a 2002 laguna 1.8. the problem i have and i hope someone will be able to help me out.
The on screen comp, when starting says that fuel injection faulty. some times the service light also comes on.
I have taken it to garage and they have put it on machine. They tried to reset codes but could not , came back to me saying that fuel pressure sensor and fuel regulator are faulty. they tried to contact renault to obtain these parts only to be told that there is a comon fault on these and renault are trying to fix the problem they are also on back orderof upto 8 months. has anyone had this problem
the car will not go above 60mph.
if anyone can give me some advice many thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Mate

I have a similar problem-see my post,i have just bought the car of a mate he said to start the car i insert the keycard-wait for the car to make a chime sound once and then once again-you then press the start button sometimes the car chimes twice other times it bloody doesnt you have to sit and wait for it to do it,if you only let it chime once and you press the start button the car sounds rough and will feel hesitant while you accelerate-anybody OH and the fault reads FAULT IN FUEL INJECTION other than that the car runs fine -LOL

PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had an AA mechanic look at my car today,he reckons egr valve,i explained sometimes the car will run ok but then other times it sounds rough while accelerating, its like the fuel is being starved and wants to stop the engine while this happens smoke comes out.

As for when i insert the keycard i get 1x audible chime noise from speaker pretty much guaranteed the engine will run badly i know this sounds weird but so did the mechanic,

The engine sounds and peforms much better once i get that second audible chime but this can take ages for it to occur,i often have to sit and wait ages for it to happen

Going to clean egr at the weekend any tips? please

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
2,944 Posts
you should look into getting a replacement part from either a breakers yard or from ebay.
both will be a lot cheaper and quicker than being fobbed off by a dealership.

G

·
Hi to all.
I have a 2002 laguna 1.8. the problem i have and i hope someone will be able to help me out.
The on screen comp, when starting says that fuel injection faulty. some times the service light also comes on.
Yours I belive is the 1.8 F4P 16 valve engine I thought it's the IDE engine which has the fuel regulator problems? I would check the ECU connector and contacts as they are prone to corrossion and are mounted under the battery tray

I have a similar problem-see my post,
But your's is a diesel and his is a petrol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.