Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys looking at buying a laguna 2002 1.8 there is one i have seen for sale in mint condition but it has this on the add

MECHANICALS WERE ALL VERY GOOD STARTING AND DRIVING VERY WELL UNTILL THE RAC FITED A NEW BATTERY TO THE CAR AND EVER SINCE THEN I CANT GET IT STARTED, I PUT THE CARD IN THE SLOT PRESS THE BUTTON AND NOTHING HAPPENS, THE STOP LIGHT COMES ON AND STAYS ON. NOT BEING MECHANICALLY MINDED I JUST WANT IT GONE OFF MY DRIVE SO IF YOU ARE HANDY WITH CARS THIS MAY BE A CHEAP EASY FIX. WILL NEED TOWING OR TRAILORING,

they then said

JUST BEEN DOWN TO THE GARAGE WHO HAS THE CAR AND THEY INFORM ME IT IS THE FUSE BOX /UCH AS IT HAD WATER IN IT SO WILL NEED A NEW OR USED FUSE BOX/ UCH, THEY ARE NOT CODED TO THE CAR SO IN AND OUT FIX

what i want to know is does that sound correct or could it be something else and would it be a cheap fix as if it is ill take the dive on it

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
The Lag IIs were prone to letting water in through the scuttle panel and soaking the fuse box/UCH under the dash board on the driver's side.
If this is the case the immobiliser light should be on solid.
As for the UCH not being coded to the car, I'd need to check. It's pretty unlikely though. UCH,ECU, key and steering lock are normally all coded together.
The fuse box can however be swaped between cars

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Lag IIs were prone to letting water in through the scuttle panel and soaking the fuse box/UCH under the dash board on the driver's side.
As for the UCH not being coded to the car, I'd need to check. It's pretty unlikely though. UCH,ECU, key and steering lock are normally all coded together.

so most probably i could just buy another fuse box and swap it over and hopefully drive away in it same day. any ideas how long it would take to sort if i bought a new fuse box

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

it says in the add the stop light comes on and stays on meaning the imobiliser i think can i just put another fuse box in and drive away within minutes if it is the problem it says on the add

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so is it a straight swap if it is that then as i need to know if any1 else can shed light on this as im supposed to be seing the car

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just spoke to the owner he informed me th uch lead/wire was dry just some water in fuse box only so can any1 else tell me is this a straight swap and then all should be ok as i wount need it re coded also what coul i do to prevent it happening again asd ive heard its common problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts