Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks.
I've owned lagunas of most variants off and on over the last 15 years and am looking for a reliable Motorway Muncher c/w as many goodies as I can get for a low budget (£3500). As fuel consumption is not an issue I've looked at a 2006 Initiale 3.0 53K miles with all the boy's toys that come with it.
1 owner, FRSH bar the last 10K miles. Just needs a new set of pads and SatNav update. All for £3500. Does this sound like a bargain? Too good to be true maybe?
BTW I would be running up 40k miles PA.
Your thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello,

I had V6 Initiale but 2003 and I was very happy with it. You will get around 30-35mpg on motorway. Engine is very solid if not bulletproof. The only things which can cause problems are ignition coils. They can break and cause misfire quite often. Make sure you double check the gearbox, too. I would suggest you to change oil in the box near 100k. Renault says it is sealed for life but manufacturer recommends it. I sold that car to my relative who still use it (132k)

Thats my opinion:)

P.S. At 72k you need to do a big service (cambelt etc.)

Regards,

Pawel

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,

I had V6 Initiale but 2003 and I was very happy with it. You will get around 30-35mpg on motorway. Engine is very solid if not bulletproof. The only things which can cause problems are ignition coils. They can break and cause misfire quite often. Make sure you double check the gearbox, too. I would suggest you to change oil in the box near 100k. Renault says it is sealed for life but manufacturer recommends it. I sold that car to my relative who still use it (132k)

Thats my opinion:)

P.S. At 72k you need to do a big service (cambelt etc.)

Regards,

Pawel
That reassures me more thanks. Was a bit concerned about an immediate cambelt change but to know I have up to another 17K miles is great news. However, Ill change it asap anyway.
I'm not familiar with replacing ignition coils so I'll look into those too.
I appreciate your invaluable info in your reply.
Cheers!
Micky

·
Premium Member
6,321 Posts
The cambelt should be done at 72k miles, or 5 years, which ever is sooner, so on a 2006 car, it should be due now, or at least very soon

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
I ran a 2005 Ph2 3.0 Initiale for just under two years clocking up 95k. With virtually no problems, amazing car for the money. Traded it at 103k as the electrics started failing. Mine was dealer serviced and the big service with major discounts still came in at £1250.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2002 V6 and I'm really happy. Engine have lot of power.
I have 57k miles on clock, and now I start thinking what is time to change cam-belt, all filters and oil.
Only thing what is not acceptable is fuel appetite :(, I was expecting what it will be not so big :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts