Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just had a Laguna 4control for the past week and the turning circle was not as expected - it was certainly greater than my previous car even though the specs state that it should be less.

Has anybody had similar experiences or is it not working correctly?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Well... What was your previous car? Something with a similar length wheelbase? The Lag III is a big car - A couple of degrees on the back wheels isn't going to make a great deal of difference let alone give it the turning circle of, say, a Clio...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Renault claim that it has a turning circle of a Clio (10.8m). However, in reality it is far greater than my old 3-series which had a turning circle of >11m.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Hmm, actually, the 3-series has a similar wheelbase to the Lag 3 (smaller car but the wheels are closer to the corners, I guess :p) so perhaps the GT's turning circle isn't so impressive despite the trick steering... I wonder what the normal Lag III is like!

I have to say, I haven't noticed much difference in that regard between the Lag I and II.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I have to say, I haven't noticed much difference in that regard between the Lag I and II.
Okay, I take that back. If I sit on the road outside my parking bay, whack it up to full lock and drive into the parking bay, I'd end up hitting the wall at the rear of it. That definitely wasn't the case with the Lag 1 (estate or hatch.) So the turning circle is definitely wider :(

Or maybe I just haven't got the hang of the length of the bonnet...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts