Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,guys,my laguna has developed a problem engine managment lihgt came on and talking computer says ,anti pollution monitor faulty,intermitten when starting sometimes it starts first turn,next time turns for ages before catching,when in for mot last wk, asked guy to put on diognostic,came up with,flywheel speed sensor fault,he reset it all fine for day or so no dash light,then dash light came back on same problem back,does anyone know where it it and what to do have looked in manual cant find any refference,to where it is or how to fix,much appreciate any help,thanks:confused:

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
When the anti-pollution warning light comes on it is beacuse the sensors in the exhaust have detected incorrect gases.
Extinguishing the light only cures the light problem and not the underlying cause.

Try doing a search of the forum for TDC sensor - there's loads of posts on the topic.:)

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
The TDC sensor is also known as the crankshaft position sensor and as it takes it signals from the flywheel it can also be referred to as the flywheel sensor. So in effect you have done your checks.

Have you checked the wiring connections in the loom going to the TDC - an area known to cause problems.

In my experience TDC sensor faults tend to cause starting problems more so when the engine is hot. If the engine starts OK I suspect your problem lies elsewhere.

Is the engine running well and firing on all four cylinders with no signs of misfiring.

In my experience the most common causes of anti-pollution faults are associated with an ignition fault or mis-fueling.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.