Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a Laguna 3, 2007 2.0 dci dynamic.
For the past couple of weeks I have been having an intermittent abs/check brakes/esp warning. When connected to a friends diagnotic we got 2 codes both have no hits when searching the internet. Today I took the car to a garage for diagnostic and it returned only a C0020 code and the mech told me it’s probably the abs controller and they would charge £400 to get it refurbished. Being an intermittent fault I’m worried that the refurb company might return it no fault found.

I’ve seen a couple of posts where people have successfully sent units away for refurb, or replacing with second hand unit. Any advice for this particular code? And I’m assuming the abs controller can’t be separated from the pump easily? At least looking at pictures of the assembly I can’t seem to make out what is pump and what is controller, unless the photos are just the controller?
Also I don’t have a manual and there doesn’t seem to be anything on the net on how to get to it.....again I’m assuming it is in the same position as on a Laguna 2, there’s a couple of videos on Laguna 2’s. Lives behind the front bumper driver Side?

Codes from delphi 2013 reader where:
40201c28

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,221 Posts
Renault LAGUNA 1.5 - 2.0 ABS (Pump & ECU/Module Combined) - Part No: 91CT2AAY2 / 10096114193

no way am I telling you to spend money, you get put on the naugty step if you tell people to put their hands in their pockets straight off the bat, its indicative of the cost of repair of the ABD pump, they say that is you send yours for repair and they find no fault, they will charge a testing fee (£45+Postage) and rest of the monies paid will be returned, so your local garage £400 is a bit steep.

looking at the diagrams the ABS ECU (which is attached to the pump) seems to be located behind the near side headlamp ( left hand side if sat in the car, if you are not from UK reading this in the future)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So reading a bit more into it, those codes from the Delphi unit makes more sense if you put dtc in front, I get a lot more hits on google, generally pointing at the abs ECU. Looks like most refurb companies charge around £200-£250 so I guess the extra £150-200 for removal/refit and car storage for a week isn’t so bad.

Also I had another look at the pumps and I can see the ecu part, looks like it is just help on by 2screws(black box mounted to the rear of the pump with huge connector). Anyone know if you can take the ecu off without taking out the pump, any advice? Don’t want to bleed the pump if I can help it.

I am from the UK.
On the Delphi unit I was also getting dtcf00316 and 317 but I’m guessing those are being caused by the ecu not allowing power to the pump.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Manvical. I have similar problem. 2007 Laguna 3 2.0DCI hatch. Fault DF010 pump motor circuit. The ABS unit is at the back of the engine compartment and really difficult to access. I would like to take off and change the ECU part if possible... I didn't get any replies to my post so will follow yours. Also, will let you know if I get any further with mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts