Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
My 2008 DCI150 has started to make a '' clicking sound '' when i turn into a road at lowish speed, any ideas?
Thanks for reading.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,319 Posts
Where is the sound coming from ie wheels, steering wheel or engine? Any difference between left and right turns? Is it only doing it on sharp corners? Any difference between braking and not braking?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for your reply
it seems only at low speed on sharp turns, both left and right, perhaps more right than left, think its the wheels but could be the engine, hard to tell with a diesel, i cant be sure but it seems only at low speed.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,086 Posts
You need to work out where it is coming from.
Could be play in steering clicking on full lock, wheel bearings, drive shafts......
First stop IMO is jack up the front and rotate the wheels on full lock, see if you can generate it?

·
Registered
330 Posts
CV is the obvious boiler plate response for clicking when turning. Before you spend your money you need to think really hard if the frequency of the clicks goes up if you speed up whilst on full lock, and of course if the frequency of the clicks goes down if you slow down whilst on full lock. If the frequency of the clicks does not vary it's definitely not your CV joints.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi all
it was the cCVjoint, it cost £165 all in fitted, slight wear on N/S one but not worth changing yet, so quite happy with that. On a sadder note, they pressure tested the air con for free and there's a leak from pipe near/ and or condenser :(.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts