Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When filling up my 57 plate dynamique today I couldn't open the filler flap no matter how much I tried by pushing on the left hand side it was locked shut while the rest of the car was open, I locked and unlocked the car to no success and then in the end drove it for a bit to another petrol station where I arrived to see it was wide open for me to fill up.

Any idea what happened, and what do I do with a laguna 3 if this happens again?

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
Lock the car with the petrol lid open. You should then see a small diameter pin protruding. Lash a Load of WD40 or similar and try locking and unlocking a few times - that may be enough to free it otherwsie the solenoid motor may need replaced.
The lid only unlocks when the double unlocking is activated - it is easy to overlook this when filling up.:)

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
My fuel flap played up recently. My way to open it was to apply pressure to the rhs whilst using the opening method on the lhs. The offending backplate around the filler neck was replaced under warranty. I have heard of others with same problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.