Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that the steering weel of my 1/2008 laguna 1500dci when auto centering is not smooth but instead is blocky.
I can clearly feel under the hands that the centering is happening a bit a time; what can it be?
Once off center over 20-30 degrees the behavior, if present, is not noticeable, then when I'm near the cente it's present again.
Is common? Is a known defect?
Should I go to get it serviced as soon as feasible?
The car has 70k km on it ans was always driven by me with the maximum care and ligth foot.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I've noticed that the steering weel of my 1/2008 laguna 1500dci when auto centering is not smooth but instead is blocky.
I can clearly feel under the hands that the centering is happening a bit a time; what can it be?
Once off center over 20-30 degrees the behavior, if present, is not noticeable, then when I'm near the cente it's present again.
Is common? Is a known defect?
Should I go to get it serviced as soon as feasible?
The car has 70k km on it ans was always driven by me with the maximum care and ligth foot.

Thanks
Marco, have you checked the power steering fluid level? Otherwise maybe tracking fault. Had similar feeling with a Mk1 Laguna 12 years ago.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts