Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive just bought a 2004(54) laguna dci with a non existant 4th gear,noisy 3rd gear and a reverse that wont stay in,ive seen a fair few second hand ones about and was wondering what i have to look out for as i can get my hands on a low mileage 1.9dci gearbox 6 speed out of a 2004/05 megane,im just wondering if they are the same?
any help would be helpful and appreciated

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
there will be somewhere on the box a label that says pk6 then some numbers. ideally you want to match them. you cant, for instance, use a box out of a trafic van, its the same box, but the gear ratios are different. so i suppose you could use one, but you wont like the affect to the fuel economy.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
At a guess I would say the megane one is going to be a pretty close match but as qwakers said check the numbers. Ther's been several posts on here with people who've changed pk6 boxes and found the ratios to be all wrong. Onc e the box is out they're quite easy to take the casing off (as long as you rember to take the external selector lever off first). Usually its bearings that go on these, you can get a set of three for about £70. Three because unusually it has 3 not 2 operating shafts. Obviously the damage might well have gone beyond that but if you've got too much time on your hands you might like to check.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts