Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a Laguna 6V. It has jerking problem that shows randomly. Specially when slowing down from high speed to stop. Suddenly gearbox make strange changes.

Does any one can have a clue if it's a gear, fuel-injection or sensors type of fault?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, it is automatic with stick switch to semi-manual changes.
It happens when is warm, after being on the road for a while.
It only does it driving in the city, not on highways.
It is model 2003; 4 years old.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
automatic gear box

Hi - Augusto - I take its what's known as the semi tip-tronic gearbox. My mate had probs with his 2.0 Litre model doing the same as yours and at times would go into get-you-home mode - only allowing limited speed and acceleration. At that time his was under warranty - Renault were apparently aware of this prob and was fixed. As well as the engine having a management system the automatic boxes also have electronic controls. Renault were able to reset using their electronic diagnosis equipment and he has'nt had any probs over the past 3 years. Looks like your going to have to go to a Renault dealer to have it sorted. Generally automatic boxes don't use oil unless there is a leak or it has been overheated. Have a quick look under for signs of leaks, etc. Good luck

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Is the problem more obvious in 2nd and 3rd gear - I read somewhere there was a problem on Laguna, Vel Satis, A'time auto gear boxes and reprogramming the way to resolve.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is the problem more obvious in 2nd and 3rd gear - I read somewhere there was a problem on Laguna, Vel Satis, A'time auto gear boxes and reprogramming the way to resolve.
It sounds familiar. I had replaced coils. So, it seems my car has to be re-programmed.
Thanks a lot!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts