Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2003 Laguna 1.9 DCi estate. Over the last few weeks the SERV and ABS light would stay on when I started driving the car. Somedays it would go out, somedays it would stay on, usually if this happens stopping the car, switching off the ignition and restarting it would make the light go out after about 100 yards of driving. I have removed and cleaned all 4 wheel sensors but it still does this and now there's a sort of whining wwhhheeee sound from the front left of the car when I start it but only for a few seconds, like a pump is trying to prime or something. Do I need a new pump or can I check anything else that might be wrong and making it do this??? Thanks for any help, Steve.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, it may not be the unit itself but when it comes to ABS faults it becomes complex, it could be any of the ABS components, checking the sensors is good, check that there are no debris stuck on the target and check rhe distance between the sensor and target which is known as an air gap, it must have some clearance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts