Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Saga, due to ECU failure my ECU and Steering Lock have been changed for used components and the car now runs fine except the airbag warning light is on, as the garage removed the steering wheel and air bag (the steering column was replaced as the steering lock shearpin meant the electronic lock could not be changed seperately) Now is there any wiring from the airbag which may not have been connected or as the ecu came off a damaged car could that still be holding information of the airbag went off or is this a coincidence. Garage who did the work are no damn help at all. The steering wheel is alos crooked is how can i straighten it, I read on another thread that the steering wheel isnot on fine splines.

Sorry so many questions which i hope someone out there can answer:crazy:

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
They have prob damaged the clockspring (conection between the steering colum & steering wheel)
The fact the wheel is now crooked confirms they have no lined things up correctly if the clockspring is turned when off the car it will cause it to go off centre and will snap when the steering is turned

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.