Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an 03 plate Laguna which I bought just over a year ago and the alarm is driving me crazy, it keeps going off:crazy:

Could anyone tell me if there is a way to lock and imobilize the car without setting the alarm?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
If you disarm the alarm you may invalidate your insurance as the Laguna II is fitted with a Thatcham CatII system recognised by insurers as a fairly decent system - it seem sthere is a fault in your system. When or how does the alarm activate - that may give you better clue as to what is happening:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The alarm seems to go off at completely random times (although it usually seems to be in the middle of the night) with no apparent reason.

At the moment I have put masking tape over the infrared sensors in the car to see if that stops it but it still went off at 5am this morning.

Steve

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
As far as I know the sensors are not infra-red but work on a volumetric basis - this is where there are sudden changes in the volume of the inside of the car - as a matter of interest had the sun just come up when at 5am as a change in temperarure will change the volume or pressure inside the car - sounds like one or more of the sensors has gone faulty and has become over-sensitive.:)

·
Administrator
21,707 Posts
How do I know if my alarm is working on my Lag II ? I have the priveledge model so would assume it has one fitted. I do have the volumetric sensors in the back.

I've sat in the car and locked it and waited for ages and the alarm doesnt go off if I move. I've even tried leaving a window open, locking the car and waving my arm inside - again nothing - its getting my worried that it doesnt work ::confused:

Is there a way of disabling / enabling by pressing some keys / buttons together ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts