Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I've finally got an aux line to the back of my stereo!!

My brother had a spare one of these kicking about (Ebay item 170604318209), would have been a half hour job save a trip to halfords for an aerial adaptor.

Basically the unit takes the aerial feed and puts out another one out into the back of the radio. You then wire the power in (my brother used the same feed as the radio? I'm not tecchy!), plug a RCA to 3.5mm plug and feed it out wherever you want it - we have it in the flap above the radio, which I think is where multichangers usually go. The rest of it sits behind and to the left of the stereo.

When you plug your mp3/ipod/whatever in and turn it on, the unit powers on, tune your radio in to the channel you selected on the modulator (or put it on presets), then hey presto - super clear music from your MP3! Kicks the backside off the built in FM transmitter inside my MP3 player.

The only downside I've found so far is that the sat nav won't pick up TMC when the unit is on, presumably because the modulator blocks the fm signal (which I think is from Classic FM??). When I'm on a long drive, I just switch the MP3 off for 5 mins, let the traffic update and turn it back on again!

Just thought this thread may be of interest, as I've been trying to get one of these sorted for ages, and I know it's a recurring thing on the forum.

If anyone wants any help on fitting, I can probably help (or ask my little Bro!).

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just a quick update on this, having had it and been using for a week.

You definitely lose the TMC while your mp3 or whatever is turned on, but if you turrn it off for 5 mins, the TMC comes back, sorts out any rerouting it needs to and then you turn it back on.

Still diverted me round some nasty traffic near Birmingham on Tuesday, although I would have been stuffed if I'd forgotten to check!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts