Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having recently purchased a 2005 2.0dci initiale Laguna hatchback I was wondering if anyone has any advice on which type of cycle rack to go for.I would prefer to go for a rear mounted,preferably non Renault (keep the price down)but do i have to watch with clearance of the rear spoiler?.Any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
Hi, I used to use a Halfords high mount rack on both my mk1 and mk 2 lagunas,also it has a laguna specific top mount to protect the glass, this took 2 bikes was very stable and easy to use and still gets used on a variety of vehicles, unfortunately my model doesnt seem to be made anymore, but have a look at Pendle racks very good so are Paddy Hopkirk.

Have alook at this http://www.car-roofracks.co.uk/cgi-bin/select-bike-rack-cycle-carrier.cgi Thule is good stuff

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally managed to pop into Halfords where i was served by a very helpful chap who came out and had a look at the rear spoiler(standard fit ).He promptly shook his head and said that the only one that would fit would be their deluxe version unless i wanted to go for a roof mounted rack.Has anyone any tried and tested current cycle carriers that will fit over the spoiler that are not to expensive,perhaps i am out of touch with pricing as i thought £89 for a rear mounted version was a little expensive.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Have you had a look on ebay as the proper renault ones come up time to time. That is where i got the one for our sports tourer from for the huge sum of 99p :d
They are very good as they bolt on to the car and hols thebikes very securly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts