Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I unlocked my car this morning I noticed the internal light did not go off (indicating a door was open?) I then tried to use the door lock switch and the door locked then opened again. I stopped the car and tried locking it and it wont lock! It just clicks as if it is trying to lock then opens again!

Anyone have any ideas????

Thanks,
Brian.

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Could just be that the battery in your key fob/card needs replacing. Other than that I do not know. Someone else may have some ideas beyond that.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I have read a few threads today and I am wondering if the issue might be to do with water getting in via the sunroof? We had very bad rain last night for hours so this could be the culprit. For now I have locked the rear doors from inside the car and the drivers door with the key but I cannot lock the passenger door as it does not have a keyhole!!!!

Brian.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like I was right about the water issue. I came home from work with the idea of drying it all out but typically I fell asleep. Just woke up and ran outside with a hairdrier and extension cable at midnight to find it working perfectly. All I did was remove the sections holding the internal light and map light so perhaps this allowed enough air to get in to dry it out? I have a new sunroof on order so hopefully this will be recified before we get more rain (not likely in Scotland though!)

Thanks for your replies.
Brian.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts