Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I've been away for a couple of days,but I've had a lot on recently.....including having both front coil springs on my Lag snap.:crazy:

I checked them a few weeks ago when I replaced the front discs and pads,any they were fine.I did a mock MOT test on it Tuesday evening(as it's due soon) and both the ba5tards have snapped near the lower ends.:(.

Expect a 'how to change broken coil springs' thread over the next day or so!.I was hoping to have a break over Easter,but thats all gone down the tubes now,but there we go.It's been one of those times that everyone has in their life.A friend of my wifes was found dead on Monday evening,which has thrown things off centre a bit,but at least it has put a few car problems into perspective.:).

S

·
0 Posts
Mate - bad news about your friend... :(

Another broken set of springs - it's the state of the roads I tell ya!

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bl00dy things were fine a few weeks ago!.Another £80 down the pan,but as I said before,it's only a car.There are more important things to worry about.:)

Life can come along and kick you in the b#ll#cks now again,and you just have to stand there with your legs open and take it!.Better times are around the corner.:):)

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
sod's law mate.as you know my coil springs went a couple of weeks ago.forget the car take your wife out sounds as though she might need cheering up,

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Nice advice 5th wheel!:)

Shame she's working over Easter.:(

We're both due some time off work soon,and I can't wait!.For now,we need a car so it has to be sorted.....the MOT runs out on Saturday and I can't drive an illegal car!.My guilty face gives me away to the Police everytime!(not that I've done anything wrong in the past!:rolleyes:)

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
throw an extra tenner on the lotto laggy,you must be due something.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well,I have changed the springs.....but I couldn't do a 'How to' because I dropped my camera and need some superglue to stick the pieces back together.:eek:

I've just been out in the Lag,and now the bl00dy things misfiring!.(Pencil Coil anyone?:)).My weekend goes from catastrophic to a complete disaster!.

I have definately upset somebody somewhere.....:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts