Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a laguna estate and im looking to lower it but have seen that only kw make coilovers and that 40mm is the lowest springs made aswell. 40mm aint low enough for me :d would anyone on her know if megane or espace ect front shocks fits the lag?

·
Premium Member
6,369 Posts
Probably not :(
Check carnoisseurs online catalogue.Im not saying you have to buy there but they do a lot of suspension compts. to check out.
40mm as you probly know is about as low as you want to go with standard shocks for their length of travel.,so youre gettin coilovers.
Check ebay too Ive seen some "not very well known" coilover makers on there, linked by renault owners here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aye ive tried everywhere for coilovers, went to the spoiler centre here in cookstown aswell, all they can source is KW varient 1s at 850 odd :eek:
its looking like 40s then.
while im here has anyone got any pics of a laguna lowered 40mm or a bit more even??? thanks

·
Premium Member
6,369 Posts
Mines a meg III,(there are coilovers available for it at like £1100 :(
I got pi springs on ebay 15mm front 25 mm rear £100 for 4.
They also do a 30/40mm kit for mine.(and lots of other renaults)
Since I was going for bigger weels and taller tyres than recommended, I gained 15-20mm in arch gap.
The gaps a lot smaller.
The actual ground clearance for a meg 3 coupe is about normal at the front an a little lower at the back, but the appearance around the wheelarch is like 30-45 mm lower.front springs actual 17mm lower,tyre and wheel radius 16mm higher.ride height 1mm lower approx :).arch gap 33 mm lower.
Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
10 Posts
im also looking for coilovers for my laguna (mk3 hatch) found the ones at 850 and decided .. sack that

trying to find other things to do aswell, but really not much !

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Both (Phillips and lag wag)

Just curious whether you have lowered your cars at the end. I have a Laguna 3 estate and thinking of lowering springs (coilovers seem to be too expensive). Not sure though which ones I should go for the 30mm or 40mm. Any ideas or even better pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks

im also looking for coilovers for my laguna (mk3 hatch) found the ones at 850 and decided .. sack that

trying to find other things to do aswell, but really not much !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts