Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this morning that when I had the rear window heater on the radio was affected, out of tune, hissing, crackling etc. Turn heater off all OK. I also noticed that a couple of the elements were not working. As the aerial for the car is in the rear screen could these broken elements be the cause of the problem? Or is it a suppressor issue, help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
What makes yoiu think the rear screen heater acts as an aerial?

Most Lags I have come across have the aerial along with it booster located under the tail-gate liner or under the right-hand rear quarter light. On some models the rear screen heat and aerial booster share the same earth.:)

·
Super Moderator
13,667 Posts
I have answered this before in a thread within the last month. This is a common occurrence. Your HRW is arcing at the point/s where there is damage to the elements. Best way to find these points, is to watch the screen when icy or steamed. You should see circular "hot spots" instead of the usual widening line. Make a note of their location, then on a dry day or after using a hairdryer & cleaning, apply electroconductive, or silver loaded paint (i know it as Ecolit IIRC) to these spots. Not cheap stuff, but cheaper than a new HRW.
HTH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts