Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, newbie great. Just got a Laguna Coupe, and it could do with led side and drl bulbs. I can't see an easy way to access them. I assume the large to plastic panel needs to come off, but what else do I need to know.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,703 Posts
front bumper off, then headlight unit out ..

·
37,703 Posts
Not many Renaults you can actually change the bulbs on without taking bumpers off

·
37,703 Posts
It can ( allegedly ) be done without, front bumper takes around 15 minutes to remove, then its easy to change the bulbs
Changing the bulbs in situ, possibly 14 minutes aside, hands cut to pieces , then these poor hands now need to heal, in the cold damp weather...
AND that's hoping no real sharp edges where the hands are actually cut deep ..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, it was simple. All you need is a small flat screwdriver The big panel right across the front (with the bonnet latch sticking out) lifts off easily after removing seven push clip thingies. Then there's a plastic panel covering the side of the headlamp unit, with a plastic screw in it. The screw prises of, the panel lifts off, and then you have access to both the side light bulb and drl bulb.
Both mine replaced with nice clear led filament style bulbs. Look awesome. Literally a five minute job. Did it in my lunch break.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Having owned 4 scenics now - I can do a bumper off bulb change on both headlights and reassemble in around 35 mins start to finish, but tbh with a cuppa and a jimmy more like a hour!!

·
37,703 Posts
I just think of my hands now, would rather spend the extra time removing something than cut them.
But OP, reckons there is lots of room for side lights, so must not be needed..
Wonder if enough room for headlight bulbs to go in!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, should have taken photos when I was doing it! Sorry! Not worth dismantling again, but here's the main tray - pop out the seven push clips (flat blade screwdriver) and it just lifts off, and then there's just a plastic cover each side to clip off, and the sidelights and DRLS are both behind round rubber covers. Both gently twist and pull out.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts