Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all its been some time since |I last posted on here but yesterday I had a major.. dangerous thing happen while driving to work.. heres the story,

I was on way to work going down a hill when everything just went off ( Engine/ radio/aircon/satnav/power steering )... everything... I couldnt even put my hazzard warning lights on, lucky for me I had no traffic behind me so I rolled it down the hill and pulled into i side street... now at this point i noticed the only thing that was working was the red flashing LED on dashboard ( alarm I think ) and the light on the key insert.. thats it.. nothing else.. the central locking/alarm activated by using the keyfob and the " Insert card " display worked.. along with the courtesy lights.. however when I inserted the keycard nothing at all happened... this continued for a few minutes then suddenly it decided to work... now what the hell happened is the question i'd like to ask.. as this happened to any of guys... any help would be most welcome.

Cheers

Shane

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tell ya something else n all... I noticed dripplets of water just running down the footwell... it seemed to be coming from either corner of car ( Glovebox/Bonnet pull )

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
You need to find out where that water went - water ingress can short electronics which conceivably could cause the problem you saw - it's more than just coincidence in my opinion. I'd get it thoroughly checked out, good place to start would be the card reader, pull it and check it for signs of water damage - it'll be pretty obvious if it's been wet at any point. I believe if you remove the ashtray the reader pulls straight out - not certain though. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No sighn of water anywhere near the ard reader... just tried pouring some water down the "drains" of the sun roof and cant work out where the water should run out from!!

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Carabus - have you tried blowig down the drains for the sunroof - I am not certain where they exit but I think it maybe behind the front inner wing plastic shrouds:)

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Hi,

Search this thread with many answers to your drain holes, Electrical problems caused by water not been able to get through the blocked sun roof drains can sometimes clear themselves when the water dries out.

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/interiors/1419-pond.html?highlight=Pond

There are rubber non return flaps on the bottom of the drain pipes which are behind the front wheel plastic arches, undo the screw at the bottom and lever the inner arch away enough to get your hand in, reach up and pull the rubber valve off, i did this with mine 2 years ago and have not had any blockage since

1 - 9 of 9 Posts