Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, can someone please help me. I've got a 2000 Laguna i've just spent over a 1000 quid having the head stripped and new valves put in at my local Renault dealer. the car has been runnin great since i've had it back, but since yesterday the car has started cutting out intermitently, i have noticed over the last week runnin up to yesterday that the car would rev anywhere between 1000 and 2000 revs when idleing in traffic just after starting it forom cold in the morning. I had this problem a few months ago with the car but it cured itself, I don't want to be jump startin the car in traffic if i can avoid it cos thats lead to me snaping the timing belt and then the day after i had the car back bending a few valves. Could it be the idle conrol valve which sits on top of the throttle body? if so, can i pick 1 up from a scappy?

Cheers 4 any advice,

Ian

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi ian i dont no anythin bout Laguna but ive been driving a megane 2.0 for the past month and i had a problem with the idle and got a idle control valve from the scrappys for bout £7

1 - 3 of 3 Posts