Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, sorry if this has been posted before. I have tried searching but couldnt find anything related.

Does anyone know if there is a 'How To' on the removal / cleaning of the egr valve, possibly with pictures, thanks

Col

Edit - Car in question is a Laguna II 1.9dci on a 52 plate

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
I suspect the EGR valve on an 02 plate engine will be different than the one shown in the link.

The earlier models used solenoid motor Pierborg type valves whilst the later as shown in the link is most likely to be a Siemens model which has a rotary electric motor.

Have a look through the link below which shows the earlier Pierborg type - you may be able to recognise it on your engine. Or if you could post up a couple of pics of your engine someone may be able to give you directions to its location.

http://www.ms-motor-service.com/ximages/PG_SI_0085_EN_WEB.pdf

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, managed to find it so gave it a good clean and put it all together again.
Took the car for a test drive and couldnt really tell the difference, its had a new air filter, turbo unit, oil feed pipe, oil change and oil filter but still feels sluggish below 2k revs.

What i did notice though is that just above the egr valve there seems to be something that looks like a fuel pressure regulator ( i know its not ) with some kind of lever on it that can be adjusted by hand, this was covered in oil and i know this is not normal. Can anyone tell me what this is.

Will try and get some pics up tomorrow if no one knows what im on about,

cheers, col

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.