Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all.
55 plate laguna diesel 11,sometimes when i start the engine it runs for about 5 secs then cuts out,it then takes 3 to 4 goes to start it again then it runs perfectly. also on shut down it almost runs on it shuts down with a big shudder,it doesnt always do either fault,there seems to be no pattern to it what so ever.any help/ideas greatly appreciated
thanks Paul

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

I would start by having an injector leak off test done,your problems sound fuel pressure related to me.A test shouldn't be expensive,it will only take half an hour or so and will show up any injectors that are leaking pressure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,
Changed fuel filter and done a leak off test today,Hope i did i correct, I disconnected fuel return pipes and switched ignition on ,no leaks found,but the fault is intermitent,I have a renault can clip and it shows no faults,
Paul

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
Have you checked the stop damper butterfly valve on the inlet manifold?

If it sticks closed the engine wil have insufficient air to run for any length of time - if stuck open the engine will tend to run on during engine shut-down.

No gaurantee that's your problem but it is any easy to check.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks,
I'd previously cleaned the egr valve after reading posts on here ,cleaned damper at same time.Maybe iI'll change vacum pipes to damper in case they are degrading,its aq real pain with the fault being intermitent

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.