Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys how do these come off? is it a matter of just prising them off clips or are they bonded on, as i quite fancy some brushed aluminium ones :)

Laguna II btw
Andy

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi my Scenic II which I presume the Lag has the same fixings, Slides back , They slide and then reach a point where they can be with drawn out. I have posted a pic below if this makes it easier to understand.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi my Scenic II which I presume the Lag has the same fixings, Slides back , They slide and then reach a point where they can be with drawn out. I have posted a pic below if this makes it easier to understand.

Regards

Ottoman

Hi Otto, great picture - was just wondering, the panel which says the engine size (usually in silver), does that just pop out beforehand? It looks like a different way of attaching, compared with the rubbing strip.

Thanks,

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi Otto, great picture - was just wondering, the panel which says the engine size (usually in silver), does that just pop out beforehand? It looks like a different way of attaching, compared with the rubbing strip.

Thanks,

Hi Paul,

Yes it is attached via clips at the rear, I removed mine with great care with a very slim piece of metal/plastic and pulled really hard with my hand with a forward movement the pressure clips that retain them are prone to snap, I'm sure you are aware they are relatively expensive to replace.

I will hunt an old one out and post a pic of the rear if you wish.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi Paul,

I would remove the rubbing strips first, then remove the end cap from the rear of the rubbing strip. Heres some Pics that may be of use to you.

Thanks for the Points.

Regards

Ottoman

Hope the Pics are OK

Regards

Ottoman

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
That's great, very insightful.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Laguna II bumper rubstrip removal

Hi guys im currently upgrading the rubstrips to the higher specced silver/grey ones, got all the doors done now im left with the 2 front bumper inserts and the 3 pieces that make up the rear bumper (hatchback).
Does anyone know how these are removed as they seem tight and I don't want to damage anything!

Ta
Andy ;)

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
they are tight,with a flat bladed screw driver place under neath the trims they are clipped in, you have to look and feel around for the clips when you find one it has a small tab,you need to get underneath of this and push up and it will release,same goes for the top but the oppisite way round, if you get a couple out then pull and wiggle the rest will pop out on there own accord

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Yes - or an old credit card. They are great for sliding in behind bits of trim etc.

Also they are good for spending too much money!:d

1 - 11 of 11 Posts