Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks
i need some help here, tried to look for previous links to my question but cant find any.

here my problem, last week i got my 2002 laguna MOT'ed and it failed on the wishbone. i took it back to get it changed and reMOT, after collecting the car from garage drove along road and the voice system tells me the drivers door not shut so i tried to shut it again but its not registering the door being shut, the garage says they didnt do anything near the door only change wishbone. well now because the door is not registering it being close i cant look the doors using remote.
can anyone tell me what the problem is and where is the door switch as the interior lights are on while driving and the voice tell me the problem everytime i start the car.
thanks
mike

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
The switch for the door is built into the door lock and they do have a tendency to break.Theres a little microswitch thats touches part of the lock mechanism inside the door and the small pin on the end of it can break causing problems like the ones you describe.

I'd give the garage the benefit of the doubt and say that the fact it happened whilst they were working on an unconnected part of the car was just coincidence.I'm not sure if the switch is available seperately or wether you have to buy a new lock mechanism,hoepfully someone else can answer that.

Welcome to the forum,by the way!:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks lagdti

its just seems to be problem after another.
would you by any chance know much about engines? as i feel its lost a lot of power within the last 2 months its not pulling as quick between 2000-3500rpm as it used to? i've checked all the filters so far and they all good. what else should i have a look at?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi

Lack of power is normaly an air leak in the pipe work from the turbo through intercooler and up to the inlet manifold, check carefully the hoses and clamps and also the intercooler for splits. My car had a split adaptor at the inlet manifold, its made of plastic and adapts the plastic hose from the intercooler to the aluminium inlet manifold, some muppet in the pass had tightened the clamp that much that it had cracked the plastic and caused a HP leak:steam: Took me a while to find but once replaced stopped the power loss and hesitation on acceleration:) The part which included the vaccum actuated stop piston looked ££££ but was only £22.00 plus VAT delivered to the door free from Slaters!! How weird is that!!:)

Hope this helps

Mark

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've a similar problem on my laguna except it doesn't register the drivers door being opened. does this mean the microswitch is stuck closed?

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
I have the same problem as you smurf79, I'll get round to having a look at it at the end of April as I have some time off but it means taking off the door cards and trim to get at it,
Regards Leroy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've a similar problem on my laguna except it doesn't register the drivers door being opened. does this mean the microswitch is stuck closed?
hi
mines doesnt register that the drivers door is closed so i disconected the multi-plug to the lock and now it doesnt register the door being open and i can lock it either!!!
i think i need a new lock mechanism.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts