Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a handbrake fault with my car and read a lot about they have emergency pully in the car but mine snaaped now I still get the fault but a clicking noise when I try to apply handbrake or release it anybody help please

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The yellow handle and the clicking noise is like it trying to apply the brake but can't?? Not sure thou!

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,978 Posts
Sounds like it could be the torque limiter within the box slipping then.
Which may be because it is worn out.
Or because something is jamming.
And that something could be outside the box like cables
Or inside due to overtravel.
Or because the unit has got itself all confused and lost its settings.

Which doesn't give an immediate solution but may give you some understanding.

Yellow handle broke..... a good pair of pliers on the cable...use them flat one the cable but not really gripped...the nipple on the end can then jam on the jaws and you should have a good grip.
Chock the wheels before pulling.
The emergency release opens a latch in the EPB unit and releases the cables, the unit will not operate the parking brakes again until driven fully open...the reset procedure you have found.

Once you have the emergency release tripped, check the cables for free movement. Same on the calipers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can u tell me exactly were the release handle is please n yea helps me understand better is it costly??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi I have a 2.0l Renault Laguna sports tourer 2006 i have acquired a fault thought it was the electronic switch so changed that but still saying fault any ideas please

1 - 8 of 8 Posts