Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a Laguna 2.0 DCI 06/56 when trying to apply hand brake when asked by the computer display it then displays hand brake fault! The hand brake doesn't work so I have to leave in gear I've only just brought the car so I really need all the help I can get please?

Manny,

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just checked the manual mate and it looks like a trip to mechanic is in order, I'm guessing cable is too slack or even broken

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate,

had the car on the ramps yesterday and both the cables were slack and not tensioned enough in the caliper brackets, when pulling the cables they seemed to sit back into the calipers slightly, the rear right hand side cable outer sheathing seems to have come away
frayed from the entry point from the electronic motor,
I disconnected the switch/lever yesterday just to have a visual of the circuit board and when reconnected and operated there was a noise from the motor but thats it,
there also seems to be a ticking noise coming from the motor,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers mate,

had the car on the ramps yesterday and both the cables were slack and not tensioned enough in the caliper brackets, when pulling the cables they seemed to sit back into the calipers slightly, the rear right hand side cable outer sheathing seems to have come away
frayed from the entry point from the electronic motor,
I disconnected the switch/lever yesterday just to have a visual of the circuit board and when reconnected and operated there was a noise from the motor but thats it,
there also seems to be a ticking noise coming from the motor,
Any more ideas Guy's?

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Are the operating arms at the callipers jammed against their limit stops? Is there any difference in the cable slack between off and on condition? I am trying to tell whether it is a cable, operating arm or motor unit fault.

·
Banned
1 Posts
i refurb electronic handbrake units for all renaults
So i can supply you with the electronic mech or just cables my number

is 07825138638
or 01422 256361

·
Registered
68 Posts
i refurb electronic handbrake units for all renaults
So i can supply you with the electronic mech or just cables my number

is 07825138638
or 01422 256361[/QUOTE

how much for a refurb complete unit, ( mech and cables ) set up ready to fit? Grand Espace mk4 jk01 ? please, also do you then need to reprogram it to the ecu , or do you supply exact copy when given part numbers that don't require reprograming to ecu?

·
Super Moderator
13,667 Posts
It appears sir that you are posting in reply to RK Cables.
Who unfortunately, is a banned user.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It appears sir that you are posting in reply to RK Cables.
Who unfortunately, is a banned user.
:eek: sorry, im a new user,, thought the banned user thing by name was something the member done with profile/info change!!!
Please don't say he ripped a lot of ppl off for their parts or money, hence the ban! ?:confused:

·
Super Moderator
13,667 Posts
Dont think so, the post count on that post was just 1.
We never get to find out what transgression caused the ban. Tis rather like inmates disappearing on "The Prisoner" if you're old enough to have seen the programme?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts