Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on what the fuses in the engine of my Renault Laguna are for? These are huge fuses and from recollection are all about 70 amp. I cant find any info on them in my handbook.

Thanks,
Brian.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
iv'e just checked in my handbook.it says they must not be handled except you can use Number one to stop the engine in an emergency,but you will lose some devices and will have to be reset.no doubt at a cost,maybe another member will know what the others are for.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pulled them all yesterday as I was investigating my aircon not working issue. It reset my clock and stereo but that was about it. The first one looks like it might have gone as it was rattling a bit and it looked like part of it had "popped" if that makes sense? Halfords dont stock these fuses so I am trying to locate one just now.

Brian.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
because of the high amp rating,they should last a lifetime,if any were to blow,i would expect a major problem .have you tried a motor factors,also try lucas,

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try my local renault dealers tomorrow to see if they have one. I dont know if it has blown as all that has happened is one of the little "studs" inside the fuse is rattling about. I dont know if this is what happens when a fuse this size blows? I will get one from my local dealers and see if it recfities the aircon issue.

Thanks,
Brian.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts