Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have always had FORD motors and I have just bought a Laguna 1.8 RT Sport (1997). Bargain from good old ebay! I am really impressed with the car and have already found a fix for the heater blower from the forums which i will try tomorrow. Can anyone tell me if they have ever encountered a dead temp gauge before? On start up, it lights as normal and the gauge reads max for about 10 secs then drops down to cold as it should. However it never moves off this, even when the engine is hot. The heater works fine so I was going to swap the sender unit first. Can anyone help me on this ? Is this a common fault that could be something else ? Where is the unit on my Laguna also please. Any help prior to Mr Haynes and his manuals would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Gaz

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
when it light up at start this is the engine oil level indicator so your oil sounds as if it is at correct level.

after the light goes out it is reading engine temperature so if it doesnt move after this then id try to locate the engine temp sender
mines is a diesel and is probably in a different location from yours so cant make comment on where to locate the temp sender

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
for what its worth mines is located on the engine just under where the coolant hoses dissapear into the bulkhead for the heater matrix

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
hi m8:) im sure the pick up for the temp gauge is on the thermostat housing, im 99% sure its a small blue wire with a spade conector wich clips on to the sender.
check the conection first to see if its ok( if it is im sure if you turn on the ignition and remove the conector and earth it, the temp gauge should rise if it does then go for the sender.

hope this has helped:)

regards alex

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! Much friendlier bunch than FORD owners! I will let you know how I get on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts