Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Thunderbird - I take it your car is a Laguna 1 - I have the haynes manual for the Laguna 2 and it makes reference to the 2.0 litre engine as F4R. I am not certain but it maybe yhe engine differs from whatever model it is. You may have to contact Renault with yout VIN number to be exact. I believe the engine type is stamped on the front of the engine block.
Hope this helps.

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi thunderbird, the F4R Engine is Renault and looks exactly like the 1.8 with the oil filler cap on the left side of the engine as you look from the front of the car, the NVQ engine is the Volvo engine and the oil filler cap is near the centre, hope this helps, if not let me know and I'll post a pic of the F4R,
regards leroy

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi there thunderbird, I've hopefully posted a couple of pics for you, the first is Laggy's 1.8 which I've 'pinched' from one of his posts, the second pic is my 2.0 F4R, as I said earlier if you have the Volvo N7Q the oil filler cap will be towards the centre of the engine, hope this helps :)
Regards Leroy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
thunderbird2: Post the first 7 digits of your VIN number and I will tell you exactly what engine you have..

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Spider - if you look, read and undertand the link you posted the answer to your question is already there. They supply 2 types of leads for 2.0L engines - one which has 8 valves and one which has 16 valves. Open the bonnet of your car and have a look to see if it has 8 or 16 valves and then work it out from there - easy.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
ye but

they do these for 2.0i 8v

MAGNECOR IGNITION LEADS 8 MM
Laguna 1.8i/2.0i 8v (F3P 720 & F3R 722)
Price: £44.00+vat (51.70) Set

and these

MAGNECOR IGNITION LEADS 8 MM
Laguna 2.0i 8v (F3R)
Price: £30.00+vat (35.25) Set

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
See where you are coming from Spider - you'll just have to find out your engine type which is usually stamped on the front of the engine - or do as Webcode suggests post up the first 7 digits/letters of your VIN number which is normally on the dash. Another alternative would be to go to a decent motor factors who may actually let you see what you need and be able to make a comparison to what is already fitted - better still they may be able to work out what type of engine you have. As you can appreciate it is very difficult for memebrs of the forum to identify something they can't actually see - maybe a pic would help:)

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi Spider, as you are in the SW if It's not to far why not pop along, to K-Tec and have a chat to them, they are a great bunch of guys and have done a couple of jobs for me in the past. As you are probably aware they are in Verwood, Dorset.
Regards Leroy

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
You have an F3R,as the F3P is 1.8.:)

I suspect you have the cheaper lead set as you have coil packs and not a distiributor(they're shorter leads for the coil packs).

As Leroy says,phone or visit K-Tech and I'm sure they'll help you out.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts