Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a 2002 laguna 1.9dci. over the weekend it had an intermittent fault with the glow plug/ computer warning light coming on and then going into limp mode. when it was off the car was running perfectly however now the light is on constantly and in limp mode. I booked it into renault at wakefield for a diagnostic check, they said it showed code df125 which is an analogue-digital fault. they had never seen this fault before so contacted technical department who said it is the injection computer and needs replacing at a cost of £880. does anyone know if this sounds right or if theres a cheaper fix. i know its a long shot but ive now got the dilemma that cars prob not worth much more than that.

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
Renault fault codes don't have the same interpretation across the range so you need to be careful when searching the internet.

For instance on one model it means one thing whilst on another is it entriely different.

One of the big drawbacks with diagnostic equipment is that it can't tell the difference between a wiring fault and a component fault. So if the wiring connections to the injection computer are faulty the diagnostics may be lead to believe the computer itself is faulty.

The injector computer lives below the battery and there have been a few cases of the multi-connector plug suffering from corrosion so it may be worth exploring that aspect.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
right, stripped it down to injection computer, all plugs / sockets seem fine. Even opened computer casing and had a look at board, no sign of any component failures but i know that doesn't mean there is any.
tried it again and light still on, ran round block and light went off for a second but then came straight back on.
next plan of action is try get computer off ebay so my next question is do you know if i need to have it remapped if i get a brand new one or should it be a straight swap

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.