Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Help please.

my 1.8 16V Laguna (52 Plate) keeps intermitently coming up with a fuel injector fault asking me to contact Renault delaer.

The fault seems to happen just after I start the car or let it idle in traffic etc. It will then idle between 1k & 2k but not allow me to continue my journey until I restart the engine and even then sometimes requires upto 15 minutes to clear and start OK. It has also recently started sometimes just cutting out immediatly after starting. Yet after a few restarts in the morning it will happily do a 60 -70 mile journey without fault.

I have changed the coils as advised but this does not seem to have helped.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

There are issues with the throttle bodies on Laguna 2 1.8's,and yours seems to have a few of the tell tale signs of failure.

Have you had the ECU codes read recently?.

Has it ever decided to rev it's self up without you touching the throttle pedal?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi, Thanks for the welcome and quick reply.

Other than when the fault has occured and the revs do their own thing the car has been fine. Should point out it is an Auto so probably harder to spot the revs playing around.

I had the AA out on one occasion but it was OK before they arrived and there were no codes at all to be read.

Is there any way I can test for the Throttle body failure?

Thanks again,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just checked the fault codes whilst the fault was occuring and there were two.

P0120 Throttle Pedal / Position sensor/Switch "A" circuit
&
P0314 Single Cylinder Misfire

·
Registered
5 Posts
Interesting. My wifes laguna V6 comes up every now and then with the annoying ding dang dong, 'fuel injection faulty, contact renault dealer'. It also has a warm start problem, got her stuck this morning but eventually got away after a few goes. I wonder if it is a faulty fuel pressuer regulator or pump not pushing enough to the injectors.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have now cleaned the throttle body the best I can without taking it off but it didnt seem that dirty. Seems to run a little better only two breakdowns today and it starts almost straight away again.

I have also noticed over the last few day's, I have been getting fault P0700 which refers to a transmission control system malfunction. Don't alsways get any message at all when it fails though.......anyone offer any thoughts?

·
Registered
22 Posts
For what it's worth (although NOT a Laguna) I had a vaguely similar experience with my 1.6 Punto Sporting.
Kept running into blind alleys trying to sort it but eventually changed the Lambda sensor AND the EGR valve. All symptoms disappeared except that the 'Injector' warning light still comes on (then off again) and so on when the engine reaches running temp. Manual says this will occur until the registers are 'cleared' which I need to get done yet. [maybe this helps you a bit]
Best 'o luck
Forty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts