Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Each

I have a 1998 Laguna 1.9 dti that has a difficult to trace fault.

It started initially, with the glow plug light not coming on, but if you persevered, it eventually came on and off you went.

Now the glow plug light does not come on and the vehicle will not start. I had it investigated by a mate who helped me track it down to the glow plug relay. I replaced this, it did not help, he said then it must be the ECU, I sent this off for testing, it was fine. I tried a local auto technician who worked on it for a couple of hours and he told me it was the coil which goes round the ignition key barrel, i have replaced this without any effect. So now I am at a loss, I think the technician established there is no current going to the ECU, he is not available for weeks (not interested I read that as) can anyone throw somke suggestions at me?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The immobiliser light on the dash seems to be working OK, when the car is locked, it flashes, when unlocked and the key is turned in the ignition it goes out after about 2 seconds, suggesting it is working OK. Apparently, there are a further 2 relays feeding the ECU apart from the glow plug relay which I have already replaced. Don't know what they or where they are.

Alan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts